- This event has passed.
Sound Therapy Level 1 One-Day Intensive (8 CE), Seattle
Join us for this 1-day intensive workshop after the Self Care Fair at Highline College. Start using vibrations therapeutically and use this amazing modality in your practice immediately! You will learn the basics of vibrations, sound therapy, topical treatments, and be able to incorporate the use of sounds and vibrations in your practice and in your life! Sound therapy is extremely effective and accessible for both practitioners and clients.
Massage therapists are eligible for 8 CEU's. We are NCBTMB and Florida Board approved.
Benefits of Sound Therapy
- Massages body on a cellular level
- Reduces stress through deep relaxation and endorphin release
- Liberates emotional traumas locked within the subconscious mind and in patterns of tension in the body.
- Enhances the body’s ability to maintain homeostasis
- Removes blockages - facilitates free flow of energy channels – meridians, nerves, & blood vessels
- Relief from stress, pain, fatigue, insomnia, nausea, dizziness, PTSD and other emotional imbalances
- Self-healing & burnout prevention for the practitioner
Course details: Sound Therapy Level 1 (Day 1)
Sound Therapy produces profound relaxation, bringing the receivers brain wave frequency into an alpha or theta state; these are frequencies that are used to relax the body, facilitate healing on a cellular level, and stimulate energy centers.
This course is designed for massage therapists, music therapists, nurses, respiratory therapists, yoga therapists, hypnotherapists, occupational therapists, and all healthcare practitioners who are open to incorporating sound and vibration into their practice.
The purpose of this course is to familiarize the participants with the basic principles of Sound therapy. Participants will have the opportunity to experience sound therapy, receive their first instructions and the application and as a result they will be able to incorporate sound therapy into their practice. This class is the first 8 hours of our 16 hour, level 1 course.
Duration: 8 CE Hours
Objectives & Outcome:
- Identify what tools are used and what structures are affected by sound therapy.
- Demonstrate how to hold and play a singing bowl by striking and strumming.
- Explain the concept of a sound therapy treatment, benefits, indications/contraindications, and what changes can be seen in the body.
- Perform a localized treatment with singing bowls in specific areas
- Identify and describe how to incorporate sound into other bodywork/treatments and applications.
- Explain how vibrations interact with the cells. State the psychological effects of sound
- Explain variations for accommodations and safe practices for complications with the singing bowls.
- Practice viewing the body on a holistic point of view and understand how to work with sound energy.
Accredited & Internationally Recognized
Eastern Vibration – led by mother and son team, Christine & Jahmaal Hays – is dedicated to sharing the ancient yet timeless knowledge of vibrational healing. Christine is a pioneer in the spa and wellness world with three decades of experience and has held corporate roles overseeing Spas in Asia and the Middle East. Jahmaal is a multicultural yoga and meditation master, and healing practitioner with a degree in Alternative Medicine. Their tool of choice is the Himalayan singing bowl, which has especially therapeutic effects and healing vibrations. Read more