Sound Therapy Level 1, Asheville
November 18 - November 19
This course is designed for massage therapists, music therapists, nurses, respiratory therapists, yoga therapists, hypnotherapists, occupational therapists, and all healthcare practitioners who are open to incorporating sound and vibration into their practice.
Join us for this 2-day exploration of using vibrations therapeutically and use this amazing modality in your practice immediately! You will learn the basics of vibrations, sound therapy, a 1 hour sound massage treatment with singing bowls, and be able to incorporate the use of sounds and vibrations in your practice and in your life! Sound therapy is extremely effective and accessible for both practitioners and clients.
Massage therapists are eligible for 16 CEU’s. We are NCBTMB and Florida Board approved.
A few benefits of sound therapy:
- Powerful results, yet gentle and non-invasive
- Massages cells on a cellular level
- Reduces stress through deep relaxation and endorphin release
- Liberates emotional traumas locked within the subconscious mind and in patterns of tension in the body.
- Enhances the body’s ability to maintain homeostasis
- Removes blockages – facilitates free flow of energy channels – meridians, nerves, & blood vessels
- Relief from stress, pain, fatigue, insomnia, nausea, dizziness, PTSD and other emotional imbalances
- Practitioners have a chance to work with energy with tangible feedback
- The practitioner also benefits from the vibrations while giving a treatment
- Helps to prevent burn-out
- Course Total
- $325Course only
- Reserves your spot in the class
- Includes manual and all training materials
- Includes a free Tingsha Bell gift
Course details: Sound Therapy Level 1 (16 CE Hours)
Sound Therapy produces profound relaxation, bringing the receivers brain wave frequency into an alpha or theta state; these are frequencies that could be used to relax the body, facilitate healing on a cellular level, and stimulate energy centers.
The purpose of this course is to familiarize the participants with the basic principles of Sound Therapy. You will have the opportunity to experience sound therapy, receive your first instructions in sound therapy application and as a result you will be able to perform the sound therapy with Himalayan singing bowls and incorporate sound therapy into your practice.
Duration: 16 CE Hours
Objectives & Outcome:
- Identify what tools are used and what structures are affected by sound therapy.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding on the history of sound therapy with Himalayan Singing bowls.
- Demonstrate how to hold and play a singing bowl by striking and strumming.
- Explain the concept of a sound therapy treatment, benefits, indications/contraindications, and what changes can be seen in the body.
- Perform a localized treatment with singing bowls in specific areas
- Identify when and where to incorporate a localized treatment.
- Identify and describe how to incorporate sound(via singing bowls & tingsha bells) into other bodywork/treatments and applications.
- Explain the consistency of (sound)vibrations, their movement of vibrations, and their relation to energy in various forms including but not limited to: light, heat, and “subtle energy.”
- Explain how vibrations interact with the cells. State the psychological effects of sound
- demonstrate how to use sound to transition in and out of a relaxed state using singing bowls.
- state the mental and physical effects of the full body treatment.
- perform the full body 60-90 minute treatment using 3, 5, or 7 singing bowls.
- demonstrate safe practices and necessary adjustments to treatments.
- Explain variations for accommodations and safe practices for complications with the singing bowls.
- Practice viewing the body on a holistic point of view and understand how to work with sound energy.
The therapist will demonstrate proficiency in performing and creating variations of Himalayan Singing bowl massage sessions using different skills in a professional manner.
Eastern Vibration – led by mother and son team, Christine & Jahmaal Hays – is dedicated to sharing the ancient yet timeless knowledge of vibrational healing. Christine is a pioneer in the spa and wellness world with three decades of experience and has held corporate roles overseeing Spas in Asia and the Middle East. Jahmaal is a multicultural yoga and meditation master, and healing practitioner with a degree in Alternative Medicine. Their tool of choice is the Himalayan singing bowl, which has especially therapeutic effects and healing vibrations. Read more here…